Saturday, May 26, 2012

Melissa Molinaro - Exclusive Interview

Melissa Molinaro as 'Nooki'

Thank you, Melissa Molinaro. We appreciate your time to reach out to your fans with us.

Q: How was your experience playing the role of 'Nooki' in the film? How did you prepare for that role?

Melissa Molinaro: The experience was amazing. It's not everyday that you get to play a character like this. LOL! Being Italian, I knew this role like the back of my hand. It didn't
take long before my nails and hair were guido-fied!

Q: What were some of your favorite memories on set?

Melissa Molinaro: My favorite memory was laughing with the cast in between takes wondering if we were ever going to get through the scene.

Q: In addition to acting you're an amazing musician. What a beautiful thing to be so talented. Do you have a favorite of the two, music or acting?

Melissa Molinaro: It all goes hand in hand for me. Back in the day you had to be able to do it all. I guess I consider myself a triple threat. I can’t have one without the other.
Q: I hear also through the grapevine there will be one of your songs in the movie. Can you tell us a bit about that?

Melissa Molinaro: I recorded two songs for the film. One of them is your true guido-fist-pumping dance smash, and the other is more of a dubstep feel. I’m not sure which one of my tracks they will be putting in, but we’ve submitted a couple of them as well.
Q: What reactions are you expecting from the audience from the film?

Melissa Molinaro: I think they’re going to be highly entertained. There’s a little bit for everyone; action, 
a love story, comedy, but most importantly love the characters in the film. We all bring something to the table. I’m very proud to be a part of this cast. In my opinion, this movie is hilarious!
Q: I have asked this question to all the cast members I have interviewed, simply out of curiosity. Not that we enjoy stereotyping and such, but it is out there. Do you feel there are positive and negative stereotypes because of shows like Jersey Shore and Jersey Shore housewives?

Melissa Molinaro: Obviously, these reality shows are heightened versions of what a typical Italian family is like, but that’s what makes it so entertaining to watch.
Q: Do you have new projects in the works? If so, where is the best place for your fans to keep up to date with all that information?

Melissa Molinaro: I just finished shooting a pilot called “Bounce” about an NBA dance team. Being a dancer, and an actress, this is a dream project to be a part of. This summer, I’m also shooting a Lion’s Gate comedy called “School Dance.” And I hope to get a music video out to my fans very soon. 

Everyone can keep up with me on my website melissamolinaro.com, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram all @melissamolinaro.
Q: Do you have any inspiring thoughts for any of your fans out there that may be interested in becoming an actor or musician?

Melissa Molinaro: The most important thing is believing in yourself, even when no one else sees what you see. There might be a lot of no’s before yes’s but if this is what you want, you have to keep going. Never give up.
Thank you again Melissa for your time. We look so forward for this film to come out June 9th, SyFy Network. Check local listings for showtimes.












































No comments:

Post a Comment