Thursday, May 24, 2012

Joey Russo - Exclusive Interview

Here's an exclusive interview from @JoeyRusso. Enjoy! 

Thank you for taking out some of your time to answer some questions about your upcoming role in Jersey Shore Shark Attack.

Q: How was your experience playing the role of "Donnie" in the film? How did you prepare for that role?

Joey Russo: This film was hands down the best experience I have ever had. I got to shoot with my mentor and best bud @JeremyLuke (turbo) preparing for the role really wasn't really tough considering I am an all Italian kid from Staten Island, ha a guy can never get rid of his Guido years.
Ha ha. but being serious, a lot of dieting and lifting ha ha.
And oh yea spray tanning.

Q: What were some of your favorite memories on set?

Joey Russo: The best memories was when the whole cast was all together. And talking with some acting favorites, jack Scalia, Tony Sirico, and Paul Sorvino. They had some great stories. I remember one day was a night shoot and we were all outside Tony's trailer and he was tellin us some advice and great stories.

Q: Can you tell us a little bit more about your show with Jeremy Luke? The Turbo and Joey show? How did that come about?

Joey Russo: Turbo and Joey was a show that we put together when we tracked our day to day life of being two guys from Staten Island trying to make it in Hollywood. We started shooting on a blackberry camera and became a pretty big hit amonst our friends. We were then found on Facebook by a
really talented director and filmmaker from Long Island, Justin Schack. That's when the idea turned into a possible reality that we could sell a show. The episodes are on YouTube. I am certain you will enjoy them. Turbo and Joey!!! It's our baby

Q: What reactions are you expecting from the audience from the film?

Joey Russo: Look, I mean, the movie speaks for itself. If you take it for what it is, a SyFy spoof, then your gonna really enjoy it. The actors in it, are classic and the story line is really enjoyable. It's a fun summer flick. I personally feel that it will be a cult classic.

Q: I have asked this question to all the cast members I have interviewed, simply out of curiosity. Not that we enjoy stereotyping and such, but it is out there. Do you feel there are positive and negative stereotypes because of shows like Jersey Shore and Jersey Shore Housewives?

Joey Russo: I feel stereotypes are hysterical because we all have them, or at least I do. Ha. I mean let's just say that I'm tan jacked and my cloths are clean. Ha. But seriously, the problem starts when people really use stereotypes to judge someone before getting to know them.
We all fit the mold of something and it's funny to make fun of yourself. That's just how I feel.

Q: Do you have new projects in the works? If so, where is the best place for your fans to keep up to date with all that information?

Joey Russo: Yes! Well I have a commercial for TIDE detergent with BETTY WHITE that will air this summer im a guido of course and I'm in this hilarious play called Fluffy Bunnies in a Field of Daisies, which is about to open right in the heart of Hollywood. It's awesome.
Check it out at facebook.com/fluffybunniesla and if
you're in LA, you should DEFINITELY come see it. And of course TURBO and JOEY!!! www.turboandjoey.com

Q: Do you have any inspiring thoughts for any of your fans out there that may be interested in becoming an actor?

Joey Russo: Do what you love to do and enjoy every minute while doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment